I have been working for months on a plan and I am ready to execute that plan to the best of my ability.
2013 is my year. I'm starting with the May of Mustin. Get me to 1,011 followers on Twitter and I will release a free track each month for the rest of the year
, building an EP of movie beats featuring my MC friends. These are beats I have made from scratch featuring some of my favorite movie scores. Terminator 2, Star Trek
(2009), Halloween, Temple of Doom, Rocky
, etc. It will be made available to you via Bandcamp as pay what you want. And I'll have unique art courtesy of Kevin Church
for each month's track. I have also created a new YouTube
channel for my music. I'm going to work really hard on releasing a new video each day of every track I've ever done. I'm still working on the spreadsheet of my Trackography right now, but it's going to be a lot. The spreadsheet is already over 200 lines. You can find the channel here for my music here: http://youtube.com/mustinenterprisesllc
I'd appreciate your subscription. You'll find that I'll also be releasing music that you've never heard via this channel, such as music I've made with clients from my old recording studio. I used to keep my music as a gangster rap producer and my music as a video game music remixer separate, but now it's all the same thing. And I'm ready to share it with you all.
So far in 2013 I've released Lucio Baldomero's debut album, The Master System. You can give it a listen on Bandcamp
and I would love for you to purchase it and share the link with your friends. It is also on iTunes
($9.99) and AmazonMP3
($8.99), but the physical CD ($9.99) is only available through Bandcamp. What I like about Lucio is that he writes about the game and from the game's perspective. Lucio also self-produced most of the beats here. I produced several of the tracks, and the album features the talents of Random (aka Mega Ran), Adam WarRock, Beefy, Aubrey of The Doubleclicks, and more. If you're into video game hip-hop, Lucio Baldomero is going to quickly become one of your favorites.
The latest release is that of The Altered Beasts
. This guitar duo is made up of William Reyes and Tim Yarbrough, both known for their guitar work with The OneUps. The album is titled "Transfiguration" and features music from the games of Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Final Fantasy X, EarthBound
, and more. The album is licensed through Joypad Records and is currently only available on Loudr.fm
($10.00) and iTunes
($9.99), but is coming to Google Play, AmazonMP3, and more. A physical CD ($10.00) will soon be available exclusively through Fangamer.net
. These guys worked very hard on this album in their arrangements and performance. I did the recording, mixing, mastering, and acted as executive producer. Get it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
For the rest of the year:
- I have a track on the upcoming, highly anticipated, Final Fantasy VI: Balance & Ruin album. My track is Narshe. It's an arrangement I had intended to do with The OneUps, but since I had a borrowed sax and guitar, I just did it myself.
- Beefy and I are working on an album of new original music that will release before the year's end.
- I am working on my first solo release entitled "Mustin - Origins." It features previously released VGM arrangements of mine that have been remastered, along with some total reworkings. For example, I am re-creating my Super Mario Bros. 3 arrangement, "La Samba De Agua," for 2013 with a music video of me performing all of the parts.
- The Movie EP will be releasing with one track per month for the rest of 2013.
- Bad Dudes have teamed up with Fangamer.net to release a MOTHER series tribute album titled "Psychokinetic." Expect for an awesome and elaborate release from the biggest names in video game music arrangements and the biggest MOTHER fans/artists on the planet.
- One more EP with a good friend in a genre that most people don't think about.
Yes, this is going to be my year. And by making it my year, it's going to be your year as well. When we work together, we make the best work.
Mustin | Producer | MustinEnterprises.com